Saturday, June 2, 2007

Water The Fish, Andrew?

Why have I become so long-winded? Why does it take me so much space and time to say what others can say so well in so little of each? This blog started after the coherent and concise reviews of a Mr. Andrew Rudd caught my eye. He touched on themes, direction, performance, personal reaction and so much more in one paragraph. "That's the goal," I said to myself. "Don't bore them, kid," I heard me say. I have found I've got a lot to say, but it becomes a rambling, misguided mess by the time it hits the web. I used to fill pages with my old reviews because they included all the ramblings currently found on this page and plot synapses. Now, the synapses are gone, but the rambling, misguided mess is still falling like rain from an obese cloud. And yet...I write. I write to no one in particular because I have something to say. Onward, moviegoer. To the fray I march with humble hopes of sharing meaning and insight with the brave few who stumble upon this page.

1 comment:

Dan said...

...Ooooooooooooh, I get it now. "Water the fish." It's like, the fish live in water, so you don't need to water them. It's like saying... um... dirt the... dirt the ants... or something. You're better at this than I am.