Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Omen (2006)



Well, I recommend this movie almost soley because it scared me. It can actually be quite corny at times.

Julia Stiles is terrible in the film whenever she speaks (so when her jaw is wired shut, she's swell). Liev Schreiber delivers a solid performance. I'll admit the kid playing Damien scared me, but I can't really praise his one-note performance. The kid merely hangs out looking silently creepy (with some occasional freak outs). The director really doesn't show much skill in guiding his cast. Unless he wanted simple performances from everyone but ole Liev.

Most of the scares are built on religious reality, so atheists need not shiver from anticipation. I, however, felt chills in my bones for most of the second half of this movie.

Unintentional laughs - a beheading, Mia Farrow crazy (jumping on backs and swinging things at cars)

***

No comments: