Saturday, September 8, 2007

Sunshine poems



SUNSHINE (COLDER THAN HELL) by A. Gates

Colder than winter on the moon.
Liquid cracking my bones.
I tense muscles long forgotten.
Vomit on the cusp of emergence.
I lean on the cool metal above and beside.
A joke next to the frigid pool around my middle and end.
It hurts to breathe this pale cloud.
Heaving chest, chattering teeth, aching head.
Still I speak in harsh tones to myself,
"I have to make things right."
Muttering audibly,
"Capa, you better damn well save us all."




SUNSHINE (KANEDA IS LEAVING US) by A. Gates

So bright, so beautiful.
Complete absence of nothing
Sweeps over me like a warmth as vast as anything.
And I cry out that fear I hold
Perhaps as great as the light on my face.
It burns. It tears.
Moisture evaporates on my skin.
Dry sweat can't bead against the grain.
So hot, so cold.
The vague sensation is the last thing I feel.

No comments: