Monday, December 3, 2007

For Your Consideration



I enjoyed this lampoon of the Hollywood buzz machine more than Best in Show and perhaps A Mighty Wind (minus the deleted scenes and full concert DVD extras). I laughed more consistently and really got a big kick out of John Michael Higgins and thought he stole the show from the also hilarious Fred Willard.

Hollywood poking fun of itself can wear thin, but I thought the characters were comedically interesting (more so than both Best in Show and A Mighty Wind) to keep me involved and laughing riotously at times.

Like other Guest films, the laughs can really be hit or miss, but I felt struck more often than not. But seriously, someone should tell Christopher Guest that Jennifer Coolidge's non sequitur witticisms are not funny and she should cease and desist immediately. She knows how to kill a scene.

***1/2

No comments: