Saturday, February 24, 2007

Babel (2nd Viewing)

My second viewing was a reaffirming of my earlier feelings for the film. Themes became more noticeable and I was able to be more involved in what was happening in the present of the film because I knew the future. I had a bad audience to see the movie with. The movie theater was packed with older people (the gray-haired clans of Canton and surrounding villages). They must have thought they were at home because they constantly said things out loud to the people they came with. People laughed or snickered during serious moments in the film. A woman behind gave a running commentary of how she was feeling about what she was seeing on screen. But I persevered. I liked the movie the 2nd time around, a good sign the movie will remain on my top ten favorite films for 2006.

Jeffrey Overstreet review on christianitytoday.com

No comments: