Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Junebug



This was much better the second time around after my initial sky high expectations had lowered and I was able to accept this film for the lovely indie it is. I never questioned the quality of Amy Adams' performance. She is a "firecracker" who alternately warmed my spirits and broke my heart. The ease with which she does both is the mark of a truly talented performer. She is, in my opinion, thbe Best Supporting Actress of 2005. The rest of the performances are very good two. It would have been easy for the actors to put in caractures of southern bumpkins. But each character is felshed out and complex. There's subtext to every action and every word. It's had to put a finger on the reason I'm not giving it a higher rating. I guess I just didn't love it. It's a good movie, no question, but I didn't have that deep connection with the final product.

***1/2

No comments: