Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Winter Passing



I didn't really care about any of the characters. I didn't really need to find out what happened to them. That's a negative. I love Zooey Deschanel. I saw her in All the Real Girls and decided I would marry her or give her a kidney, which every situation came up first. But she is not spectacular in Winter Passing. She's not bad. I just didn't feel anything for her. She's the protagonist. I should have wanted for her to break through her funk. But I didn't. When things worked out for the characters, I thought "how quaint," not "hurray" or "at last all is right with the world." I couldn't connect with the characters. Will Ferrell was good in a different role. But I didn't really care about his character either. I just asked myself what he was doing in the movie.

But, you know, it was okay...

**1/2

No comments: